2/14/2021: There is currently an issue with the latest firmware revision: 1.2.41. Stabilization and 4K60 does not work. If you have run into this issue, rollback firmware to 1.2.18. This should be fixed soon.
Meet the SMO 4K Camera – An ultralight action camera specifically designed for FPV drones! Developed by BETAFPV and Insta360, the SMO 4K camera only weighs 30g allowing pilots to fly faster, longer, and do more maneuvers. The SMO 4K features 4K ultra-wide-angle shots and FlowState stabilization function, with which pilots can shoot 4K wide-angle videos with greater details, and get ultra-smooth and stable videos.
- SMO 4K Camera is an ultralight action camera that is specially designed for FPV drones. Developed by BETAFPV and Insta360, it only weighs 30g and can be easily mounted on a variety of FPV drones including micro cinewhoop like Beta95X V3, 3-4” ducted quads, 4-5” long-range FPVs and fixed-wing FPVs.
- With SMO 4K camera’s 4K wide-angle shots and FlowState stabilization function, pilots can shoot 4K wide-angle video with greater detail, smoother stabilization and better dynamic range.
- Support using the radio transmitter to control SMO 4K Camera on power on/off and start/stop recording remotely, making it more convenient to operate.
- UV filter and ND16 filter are both provided in the package. ND filters not only can prevent the issue of jello generated in the insane flight but also acts as a lens protector. Meanwhile, if pilots are flying indoors or at dusk, the UV filter would be your best choice to protect your lens.
- The power supply range is 6V-27V, supporting 2-6S Lipo batteries. With the 4-pin pluggable connector, pilots can easily connect the SMO 4K with your flight controller for power supply and recording.
- Item: SMO 4K Camera
- Weight: 30g
- Size: 61.5mm×39.4mm×29.2mm
- Power supply range: 6V-27V (2S-6S Li-Po battery)
- Lens aperture: F2.8
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 16.4mm
- Video resolution: 4000×3000@24/25/30fps, 3840×2160@24/25/30/60fps, 2720×1530@24/25/30/60/100fps, 1920×1080@24/25/30/60/120/200fps
- Video format: Inv (export through APP or Studio)/ Mp4
- Video code: H.264 / H.265
- Video mode: Normal video, HDR video, Time-lapse photography, TimeShift mobile time-delay video; Pro stabilization mode (Use Insta360 App/Studio or supported plug-in export to implement FlowStateStabilization)
- Video maximum bit rate: 100Mbps
- Bluetooth: BLE4.0
- Wi-Fi: 5G (standard range approx. 2m)
- Micro SD card: UHS-I V30 speed level and above recommended, exFAT (FAT64) format (maximum storage capacity is 1T)
- Operating environment: -20°C ~ 40°C
Designed For All Drones
SMO 4K is an ultralight action camera that is designed for mounting on an FPV. Weighing at just 30 grams, and it can be easily mounted and carried on a variety of FPV drones including cinewhoops like Beta95X V3, 3-4” ducted quads, 4-5” long-range FPVs and fixed-wing FPVs. Highly recommend the new Beta95X V3 Whoop Quadcopter, it has a built-in mount for the SMO 4K camera for easy out-of-the-box installation. Meanwhile, its “pusher-style” inverted frame maintains a low center of gravity and makes the drone easier to maneuver.
SMO 4K is backed up with Insta360’s proprietary FlowState stabilization algorithm, and it will keep your shots so smooth. What’s more, we have added an FPV augmenting model for processing SMO 4K aerial video. Thanks to a new algorithm, the flight footage can stay more clear and steady.
4K Wide Angle
With the SMO 4K action camera, pilots can shoot 4K wide-angle video with greater detail, smoother stabilization and better dynamic range. SMO 4K also can shoot 4K footage with a new ultra-wide FOV option in Insta360 Studio that removes distortion from your shots. In addition, a 100mbps bitrate and H.265 encoding deliver crisp details.
No More Jello Effect
By using the ND16 filter, it can prevent the issue of jello generated in the insane flight. An ND16 filter also acts as a lens protector which can protect your lens while your drone meets a serious crash. In addition, when you fly indoors or at dusk, you can use the UV filter to protect your lens. ND16 filter and UV filter are both provided in the package.
Plug-in and Control
The camera comes with a 6V to 27V power connector that supports 2S to 6S LiPo FPV batteries. Just plugin and go. Pilots can easily connect the SMO 4K with your flight controller for power supply and recording. You can also connect the camera to your flight controller to start and stop recording remotely without having to stop flying.
Please notice that the SMO 4K indicator light has some differences from the user manual. The specific LED status is as follow:
- When SMO 4K mistakenly detected that it is not charged with a battery, the LED status is blue;
- When SMO 4K mistakenly detected that it is charged with a battery, the LED status is red.
- Both conditions will not affect the performance of SMO 4K. Please refer to the table below for the correct camera LED status.
|SD card error
|Power on & SD card is normal; Battery signal detected
|Battery signal detected
- 1 x SMO 4K Camera
- 1 x Spare Camera Bottom Cover
- 2 x SH1.0 4-Pin Power Cable
- 1 x Transparent UV Filter